DDP to Espixelsticks

Shifty151

I'm looking for some help with output settings for DDP protocol to Espixelsticks. This is my first year with RGB lights and I am just in the testing stage. My setup consists of 6 espixelsticks running about 2700 pixels and a Pi4 running the show with FPP in Master. Everything is on the latest firmware.

Everything was working fine under E1.31 and I started reading about the efficiencies of DDP. So I changed all the controller settings over to DDP in xlights, set the channel quantities and tried "output to lights" in xlights. It worked flawlessly. No lag, everything acting how it should.

Then my issue came about when changing the settings in FPP. After mimicking the xlights controller settings into FPP output settings (IP addresses, channel quantity etc), I'm getting the same signal sent to each controller and each controller is acting the same. Same pixels turning on, same colour, same timing. I tried deleting those output settings, using FPP connect to copy over all my controller and prop settings, still didn't work, controllers still mirroring.

What am I missing? It seems like an easy setting revision either within FPP or in the espixelstick settings but I haven't been able to lock it down. Is there anything within the espixelstick settings that needs to be changed to receive various channels of DDP? Any help is appreciated!

Yes that is what I'm thinking. I would hope the upload to FPP from FPP connect in xlights would take care of all the settings but something is still off. I tried both DDP methods. Is there a start channel revision I need to make in FPP outputs? Do I need to change any settings in the espixelsticks to only receive the right channel data?

Everything was working fine under E1.31 and I started reading about the efficiencies of DDP. So I changed all the controller settings over to DDP in xlights, set the channel quantities and tried "output to lights" in xlights. It worked flawlessly. No lag, everything acting how it should.

I am also trying to use the DDP protocol, but I can't get it to work from xLights with the ESPixelStick. Everything works with E1.31, but after I switch my ESPixelStick controller to DDP, the attached LEDs do not respond to "Output To Lights" or any sequence data. Is there some configuration that needs to be performed on the ESPixelStick?

i have ddp working on the esp pixel stick. the code is ob my unify branch. thanks to dan kulp for the initial implementation. i could use an alpha tester or two to help with user testing.

I can help with alpha testing if a first time user would be helpful. I am using a D1-Mini ESP8266. Should I recompile the code myself or do you have a release package that you would like me to use?

At the moment you will need to build it yourself using the Arduino IDE. Next up on my todo list is get the pre-built installer to work with more hardware. The ESPTOOL application is a bit out of date and does not support my ESP32 Platform.

FYI: This code also supports a dual output when built for the ESP32 platform.

At the moment you will need to build it yourself using the Arduino IDE. Next up on my todo list is get the pre-built installer to work with more hardware. The ESPTOOL application is a bit out of date and does not support my ESP32 Platform.

FYI: This code also supports a dual output when built for the ESP32 platform.

Hi, im trying hard to compile and use your branch im interested in fpp remote is it working yet ?? can you help me get it working im on eso8266 now but want to try it on wemos d1 mini pro esp32 with the same sd cape since i have a custom pcb alredy made.

let me know if there is spécial thing i need to know to compile!

fpp remote is fully functional. others have built the image. getting it building is a chalange. the readme has the important info in it.

I know its very hard!! i build the image no errors at all i just have to commetn out secrets.h it build and then i use gulp and Little FS to upload. It boot and connect to wifi i can acces web page but cannot navigates it and i show no info like signal ip univers nothing... i use wemos d1 mini and think its maybe just a simple setting in the board selection in flash size or somthing like this ?

I know its very hard!! i build the image no errors at all i just have to commetn out secrets.h it build and then i use gulp and Little FS to upload. It boot and connect to wifi i can acces web page but cannot navigates it and i show no info like signal ip univers nothing... i use wemos d1 mini and think its maybe just a simple setting in the board selection in flash size or somthing like this ?
I think I found the issue. I had allowed some test code for the new relay support to slip through. It would have directed the web page to load the page data from a device at a fixed address that would not be on your network. Update to the latest code on my branch and try again.

thank you it work i was able to build it and use it! Im curious Xlights show 2 output on my controller is this possible with esp8266?? in xlights its setup as V4 Variant esp8266. Now to test with sd and fpp remote !

Back