1 power supply for multiple inflatables

TechTanker

Hey everyone, sorry if someone else posted this but I did a search and no joy.

I am thinking about taking all my 12v inflatables (about 7 of them) and hooking them up to one 12v power supply like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J4V24BN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_v9mSDbWN5J0GW

I want to do this so I don’t have to run multiple extension cords with multiple splitters and should make the whole thing a lot easier in my mind.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I find myself designing most of my show exactly the opposite. Separate power supply for each prop and just run AC to everything. It's so much easier that way.

That being said, I hate the little power supplies that come with inflatables.

Although not using inflatables, I do have one large PSU centrally located that then feeds all my devices.

For me—it’s partially a safety concern, by not having 120VAC running all over the place

I’m sorry but I forgot to ask if anyone has done this and do you think it would work? It’s a 20amp power supply so since each inflatable draws around .5 to 1.5 amp there should be plenty of power to power all 7 of them right?

If no one else has done this I may just end up posting the results here for anyone else interested?

I’m sorry but I forgot to ask if anyone has done this and do you think it would work? It’s a 20amp power supply so since each inflatable draws around .5 to 1.5 amp there should be plenty of power to power all 7 of them right?

If no one else has done this I may just end up posting the results here for anyone else interested?
I'm gonna create a slight breach of etiquette here by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat with a triple dog dare ya.

Using one power supply to power many items is a perfectly valid idea. I would suggest adding a DC fuse board / distributor to the power supply so that you have a separately fused output to run each item. That way if an item goes bad or a cable gets shorted, the fuse for that output will blow and the rest will keep ticking along. :)

Back