16/2 zip cord 10' extension cords

JohnByrne

Found this at Home Depot - 10' interior extension cord

Listed online and in stock at my local store (as well as most stores in a 50 mile radius). 10' 16/2 extension cord for $1.48 each but they are wrapped in that cloth braided weave. Went to store and was told they don't have it but employee honestly didn't seem interested in looking. I looked for a good while and couldn't find them. Strange thing is the online site doesn't have a store location listed like other parts for my local store nor any of the other near by stores. Found that kind of strange.

Curiosity got the best of me so I ordered online expecting a refund honestly. Amazingly got text a couple of hours later that they were ready for pickup so they are in the store somewhere. The cords are braided but as said I was curious more than anything so I cut the braid open and guess what is inside? Standard old white zip cord. Heck, the wire is worth more than $1.48 so if you need light duty interior cords or short pieces of zip cord then this seems like a good deal.

My local store says 98 still in stock. I just placed an order for several dozen at that price. Heck, will use them around the house or what ever worst case. Now store says limited stock in Vicksburg but I expect they have more somewhere. Honestly, can't go wrong at that price if just used around the house for lamps and such.

SKU 1007719601

Good deal. Hope it works out. I placed an order for 4-1/2 dozen this morning and it was cancelled and won't let me try to order online again. Instead of trying to convince them that they probably have more somewhere, I placed the order again at a store about 30 miles away. I'll pass right by it Saturday so no issue. Just got confirmation that they are ready for pickup. Not sure where I'll use that many but at the price I'll give some away as presents next Christmas ha ha ha.

Update - HD canceled my order. They say they have 32 available to ship, but they want $55.00 for the shipping.

I guess I'll pass.

Darn it. Do you have a HD anywhere else close enough to drive? Seems almost everyone store I check "thinks" they have some. The store Im buying from says they still have 30 more after my purchase. You can see where I cut the braid off exposing the zip cord. Appears to be decent quality.

Attachments

• cord.jpg
    cord.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 56
I saw that price increase a few days ago when I finally decided to go to my local HD. I procrastinated and lost out.
Only wanted 10 of them. :eek:hwell:

Back