2 people 1 fseq

tomas041857

Just a quick question. Can 2 people on different PC's work on the same sequence and than combine them using Vixen? Thanks for any help.

You would have to name the files so that they do not share a name then open both files and copy the contents of one into the other. As far as I know, there is no "Merge" function.

As Martin suggests you can do it with two files and copy pate, but there is another possible way. If both people work on different sections that do not overlap, you can use the sequence import / export feature to bring them back together when they are done or you are ready to work as one. That could mean that each person takes a set of props, or a section of the song. You should copy the entire profile over so you have the same props setup to work with to make matching it up easier when you export/import. Designate one computer as the master an always bring work back to that machine.

What if you wanted to work on the same file at 2 different locations (PC's)? I have copied the entire directory each time before opening. Is there an easier way?

What if you wanted to work on the same file at 2 different locations (PC's)? I have copied the entire directory each time before opening. Is there an easier way?

If the element setup is not changing and you are just sequencing, then most of the time you can just copy the sequence file itself. The main exception there is if you are adding or modifying effects that use images or video which need the additional data from the Module Data Files folder.

Thanks. Yes most of the time it will be just adding standard effects in Vixen. If it becomes more involved where I have media added to the grid, will the export and import tools work?

Thanks. Yes most of the time it will be just adding standard effects in Vixen. If it becomes more involved where I have media added to the grid, will the export and import tools work?

Yes, the import and export tools will handle it. Once you have a mapping setup, you should be able to pass them back and forth with that.

I know you are using Vixen, you can do it with Xlights if you ever go that route. Just need to use the Import function and you can select which props and effects to import into your "master" sequence.

Back