2023 DIYC Card Swap Begins!

Leglamp

Supporting Member
Hello Fellow DIYers,

Sorry for getting this out late. Time slipped away from me again.

Its now October 12 and The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap will now begin. So far I have 14 people (including me) that has expressed interest. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the Card Swap works
* Send me your NAME, SCREEN NAME, POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS in a private message on this website (DO NOT POST IT IN THIS FORUM!), and a preference as to how you would like your card addressed. For example: Tom Smith, Tom and Betty Smith, The Smith Family, Mr & Mrs Smith, only screen name, etc. If you prefer something else just note it in your message to me.

* Your details are sent to 10 people in the swap and they will send you a Christmas card. You'll also be given 10 names and their addresses and then you send those 10 people a Christmas Card.

* Cost is a pack of cards and the cost of postage. Please keep in mind there may be some international destinations.

* If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list. So far we're up to 14 people that have expressed interest, but I hope that number goes up a few more.

* At the end of December your name and your details will be deleted from my computer. I will not keep them for next years card swap. Nor will I share this info with anyone outside of the DIY community.

One other note, if you are outside of the United States, please give specific instructions on how the address should appear on the envelope.

Thanks
Adam

Last edited:
Hello Fellow DIYers,

Its now October and The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap has begun. So far I have 14 people (including me) that has expressed interest. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the Card Swap works
* Send me your NAME, SCREEN NAME, POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL ADDRESS in a private message on this website (DO NOT POST IT IN THIS FORUM!), and a preference as to how you would like your card addressed. For example: Tom Smith, Tom and Betty Smith, The Smith Family, Mr & Mrs Smith, only screen name, etc. If you prefer something else just note it in your message to me.

* Your details are sent to 10 people in the swap and they will send you a Christmas card. You'll also be given 10 names and their addresses and then you send those 10 people a Christmas Card.

* Cost is a pack of cards and the cost of postage. Please keep in mind there may be some international destinations.

* If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list. So far we're up to 14 people that have expressed interest, but I hope that number goes up a few more.

* At the end of December your name and your details will be deleted from my computer. I will not keep them for next years card swap. Nor will I share this info with anyone outside of the DIY community.

One other note, if you are outside of the United States, please give specific instructions on how the address should appear on the envelope.

Thanks
Adam

Last edited:
Its now October 12 and The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap is now running. So far I have 14 people (including me) that has expressed interest. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the Card Swap works

Thanks
Adam

Its now October 21st and The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap is now running. So far I have 14 people (including me) that has expressed interest. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the Card Swap works

Thanks
Adam

Its now November 1 and The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap is now running. So far I have 14 people (including me) that has expressed interest. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the Card Swap works

Thanks
Adam

Adam,
Thats odd, I sent you my info and it is still at 14. Did you not receive mine?
Thanks,

Two weeks left to join The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap! So far I have 16 people (including me) that has signed up. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the Card Swap works

Thanks
Adam​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNv4__V1LA8

or type Christmas lights in st charles in the youtube search bar.
Leglamp

FIVE days left to join The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap! So far I have 17 people (including me) that has signed up. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the Card Swap works

* If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list. So far we're up to 17 people that have expressed interest, but I hope that number goes up a few more.

Thanks
Adam

FOUR days left to join The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap! So far I have 17 people (including me) that has signed up. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the
Card Swap works

* If you'd like to send everyone on the list a card, just let me know in your PM that you'd like the entire list. So far we're up to 17 people that have expressed interest, but I hope that number goes up a few more.

Thanks
Adam

Two days left to join The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap! So far I have 17 people (including me) that has signed up. I'd like to see the number go up to 20 by the time this card swap signup ends. Due date to submit your name and information will be SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed on SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the
Card Swap works

Thanks
Adam

LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR The 16th Annual DIYC Christmas Card Swap! So far I have 16 people (including me) that has signed up. I know I said 17 but I miscounted. Forgot to subtract one for the header in my spreadsheet. The deadline to sign up is today SATURDAY NOVEMBER 18 at 6:00 pm CST. The mailing lists will be emailed tomorrow SUNDAY NOVEMBER 19.

How the
Card Swap works

Thanks
Adam

I just had to share this with you Card Swap Folks.

My Wife cut bits and pieces from old Christmas Cards from over the years and saved them.
A bit of a DIY runs in the Family.
When the Grandchildren arrived she turned them loose with instruction to make us all Cards.
They made them and placed them under the Tree to be handed out with the other Gifts.
This is a couple we received.
The first has a envelope
1 envelope.jpg
The card
1 f front.jpg
Back
1 back.jpg

Second Card
2 closed.jpg
Open
2 open.jpg

I am so Very Blessed!!

Nice Ray. I recognize one of those tidbits!

I'm just a bit curious. If you signed up for the exchange, did you send the cards? I hope there are few more in the mailbox tomorrow because participation in actual sending seems kind of low based on what has appeared so far.

I did send cards, not these remade ones but yes I always participate in the card swap.
I admit they were mailed out later than I wanted, they went out on the 11th. The one going off shore
was mailed on the 2nd when I went to post office to buy stamps. I had them ready the week
before that and was trying to get them over to Santa Clause Ga. to be mailed from there so they would
have a Santa Clause Post mark on them, but that never panned out and was late mailing them.
I received Plenty, looks like several mailed the whole list. I also sent the whole list, 17 I think it was.
Several years ago (2020, covid) I received a hand full after new years.

I tried to edit my post but the Site was not having it so.....

I received your card today Mike.
Got something you might like. My parents did alot of Ceramics back in the early, to late 70's.
They found these at a place in Jacksonville Fl. in greenware. Momma let me clean them and she fired them
in her Kiln. Then she let me paint them. Lucy never was completely finished and did not get sprayed with a finish
like the other 2.
When she passed away 10 years ago I found them tucked away in top of a closet. I brought them home and here they sit.
Peanuts.jpg

Back