2811 LED string connectors

munu

I bought three different of 2811 LED strings from Ray before. They came with an about 6" FEMALE connector piece which I soldered to an xConnect connector. I just bought another 2811 LED string from Amazon. This one came with a MALE connector. There were other differences:

* Female connector vs male connector (as mentioned)
* + and - seems to be reversed
* When I run the test in Falcon player, I get different colors. Reading other posts, I understand that you might not get the right colors. But all of Ray's strings are consistently wrong (good) while the one from Amazon is not "the same wrong" as Ray's strings. Maybe it's because of the female/male difference I connected the Amazon one on the "back end"?

In any case, is there no standard? If so, once you buy an LED string from one vendor, are you just sticking with that vendor all the time in order not to cause such issues? Or how are you handling this.

Attachments

• 2811StringConnectors.png
    2811StringConnectors.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 8
There is no standard between connectors unless you specify one of the "standard connectors" like xConnect or Ray WU 13.5 mm. Ray wires his 13.5 the same way on every string so if you order ray wu 13.5 connectors, you can expect your vendor to do the same. Same with xConnect. JST connectors are kind of a random event as they "grew up" during the I'm going to do mine this way and I am going to do mine that way era.

Back