2nd house Xlight Setup Questions (Next door Neighbor)

Byhova

My neighbor wanted to do a pixel display to go along with my display. He has been doing a lot of research on his own and had me impressed with his amount of knowledge. He has everything ready to go for this year however he wants me to just program his house to go along with my display so we don't have competing displays with different songs at the same time. We have come up with some good ideas for the display this year. I gave him an F16v3 to use to control his lights, but I am going to hook it up to my network to be able to control it. I have already ran the cable between our houses, hooked it up to my network and can control the lights in some testing we did.

I was going to build his house in Xlight right next to my display in the Layout. Is this the best way to do it when doing 2 displays with the same songs and the same time. Basically I will build his house like more props to my display but next to my house rather than in front of my house. Would this be the best way to do this?

Also if this is the best (or only way to do this) in the layout section where I added a picture of my house and lined my house with lights is there a way to add a 2nd picture which would be his house into the layout section next to my house picture?

I am open to all suggestions, but this was the only way that made sense to me was to just build his house next to mine as additional props, but assign this lights to the 2nd controller added to the display.

Thanks in advance!

Use paint to stitch two pictures together or use a second preview. Since you have yours laid out, the second preview is probably a good way to go. In the layout tab, over on the right side, look for the "Preview". Drop it down and you can create a new preview.

Originallly I was just going to merge the 2 pictures together because I have design software at work I can easily do this with, but I didn't know if there was another or easier way to just add a 2nd picture

Alright I am going to give the 2nd preview try first. Now do you know when sequencing will i have to keep switching previews to see what is going on at the same time on each house (with the added 2nd preview) or will it show both previews when testing/playing the sequence to see what it looks like at that particular moment

Back