Adjustable Preview - additional drawing tools

ptyzzer

I converted my lights to Computer control during 2007 after discovering Computerchristmas.com in 2005, (spent three nights on it just looking around) and then discovering VixenLights at the end of 2006. The bit I found hard with Vixen was drawing my lights over the picture in the Adjustable Preview. Drawing pixel by pixel is hard when you are trying to draw trees, angled lines or even circles. I have some suggestions to improve it for the end user. The concept of drawing is already used by Microsoft in there Paint program. Lines, rectangles (squares) and circles can be drawn by selecting the appropriate tool then by Click, Drag & Drop. As the adjustable preview already uses Click & Drag to draw, then perhaps Click + Shift or Ctrl, drag & drop could be used. Also drawing triangles would be very useful, the user would click at the bottom left of the triangle and drag to the top right of a rectangle enclosing the triangle - difficult to describe in words. Also paint has the ability to draw text, this I think could be useful too, my display had "Merry Christmas" & "Happy New Year" displayed - that was hard work drawing pixel by pixel.
Thanks for a brilliant bit of software - lets keep developing it.

The software is great. I would like the ability to cut, copy and paste an item I've drawn. For example, draw one tree and copy four times or move a tree position.

I would love something like this also - a pre-defined shapes - or copy / paste would be awesome

Just another couple of thoughts about the preview.

Would it be possible to be able to zoom in on the image to allow for better placemet of pixels on the picture?

And also, probably not as important, the ability to have different pixel sizes on the image.

:cool:
Would it be possible to be able to zoom in on the image to allow for better placemet of pixels on the picture?

I use the windows magnifier. It takes a steady hand but sure help reduce the risk of going bonkers looking at the small pixels.

I enlarge the pixel size to 8 or 10 to draw the preview, then reduce it to 2 or 3 to actually use it.

Joel

Back