Alaska Earthquake Update

aknflyer

Hi all,
In case your wondering, we are fine. The 7.0 earthquake was only 10 miles away and shallow. Lots of broken glass and items shaken off of shelves, shower doors destroyed, moved my 80 gallon water heater 6 inches and ripped out one of the 2 earthquake straps holding it to the wall. My daughter and I were bracing in the front doorway and I could see my megatree moving back and forth. Over 300 aftershocks, 3 over 5.0.Thank god for modern building codes. Was very traumatic for my daughter. Took all day cleaning up, and we are still not done. But we are safe. Thanks to all who were concerned.
Here is a picture of the frozen lake behind my plane all broken up.
IMG_8647.jpg

Dale

Last edited:
Glad you are safe. It really is amazing that a 7.0 was not that destructive. Anywhere in the lower 48 would be leveled. We used to live in Anchorage and this was like a 'deja vu' moment.

Thanks, daughter and dog are still freaked out with all the aftershocks. But I am thankfull it was'nt worse.

Thanks, daughter and dog are still freaked out with all the aftershocks. But I am thankfull it was'nt worse.

I don’t know you but after reading your post I had to chime in. I’m glad that you and your family are safe. My prayers go out to you and your family...God Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We are over 650 aftershocks, 19 over richter scale 4.0. Seems to be tapering off. Thanks for all your concern, prayers.

Back