Amazing

wilmar

So I’ve watched videos of testing some bad some good so tried them for myself and holy cow . I could even see the solder melt inside .
Was up on 15’ ladder trying to repair some pixels and these things made it so much better and quicker than I expected . Definitely stocking up on these .
98c1941bb1c3cf54c32e6d70fab3cef7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a batch last year in a Pre Sale event. I did not need them after the arrived, but I just was splicing quite a few sets of wire recently. They work great with my HF heat gun, but not so much with my small cigar-shaped heat gun. I guess that does not get hot enough. It sure made my job a lot easier last week. I too highly recommend these.

I got a batch last year in a Pre Sale event. I did not need them after the arrived, but I just was splicing quite a few sets of wire recently. They work great with my HF heat gun, but not so much with my small cigar-shaped heat gun. I guess that does not get hot enough. It sure made my job a lot easier last week. I too highly recommend these.

My heat gun is a little large and it’s hard to not burn stuff in tight spaces so I think I will invest in a small butane torch to keep from melting stuff other than the connector lol

I had mixed luck with these items for my 2018 year. Some of them would heat too rapidly (I probably held the heat gun too long in one spot) and I would suddenly get a bubble in the tube that popped, releasing some of the solder material and leaving the wires exposed. :cry: So I would have to redo that wire. On top of this, I had some issues with water intrusion for that year, even though I used adhesive-lined heat shrink on top of those connectors. For 2019, I went back and replaced all the connections with marine grade butt splice connectors. If you live in an area that gets a lot of rain, either of these types of connectors should work. Just take your time and don't overheat.

FYI, these are the connectors I went with for 2019:
3331566364.jpg

I had mixed luck with these items for my 2018 year. Some of them would heat too rapidly (I probably held the heat gun too long in one spot) and I would suddenly get a bubble in the tube that popped, releasing some of the solder material and leaving the wires exposed. :cry: So I would have to redo that wire. On top of this, I had some issues with water intrusion for that year, even though I used adhesive-lined heat shrink on top of those connectors. For 2019, I went back and replaced all the connections with marine grade butt splice connectors. If you live in an area that gets a lot of rain, either of these types of connectors should work. Just take your time and don't overheat.

FYI, these are the connectors I went with for 2019:
View attachment 42686

I did notice that I had to heat it starting in middle and work my way outward otherwise bubble from trapped air would form but once I figured that out I was great afterward and I could tell if the seal was melted by the change in color slightly. The ones I used are marine grade also to mention that the outside the heat shrink would start to burn before the heat shrink so it must have a high temp rating which I liked .

I have to use the red as most of my wires are 18 wag or smaller
1b589e36ac8c5ffa01d939c1c24b143a.jpg

That'll work. I needed 14 gauge because the wire I have said it was 16 but it was closer to 14 which I can't complain about.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

The same heat gun as shown from "Joann" (except mine is blue) has been in my toolbox for years. Good gun, works every time.

9603bd941616847828f403ea24c5d613.jpg

Just picked up one of these to try out fits in my shirt pocket easy to take up ladder and no cords hope it works ok

Back