And yet another Controller

joeytx

Hello all, in an effort to create an inexpensive controller that used available components, I decided to mock up something last year and see how it worked. My one concern is that I did not want a WiFi device, I wanted an ethernet connection, but it can be used over WIfI.

I started looking at the WT32_ETH01 module for another work related project and it seemed like it could work. So here it is.

The controller is a six output board, fused, which runs on 12VDC and controls WS281X pixels. I used the WLED firmware on the module and uploaded the beta ethernet bin once it was programmed.
I set it up on Universe 1000 (you pick the start and the consecutive universes are interpreted- SEE Sync Interfaces).

I set each output for 100 lights which is about max I wanted at 100% brightness without power injecting.

This is from the WIKI on performance:
For perfect performance, it is recommeded to use 512 LEDs/pin with 4 outputs for a total of 2048 LEDs.
For very good performance, it is recommended to use 800 LEDs/pin with 4 outputs for a total of 3200 LEDs.
For good performance, you can use 1000 LEDs/pin with 4 outputs for a total of 4000 LEDs.
For okay performance, you can use 1000 LEDs/pin with 5 outputs for a total of 5000 LEDs.
For okay performance, you can use 800 LEDs/pin with 6 outputs for a total of 4800 LEDs.

I attached the board to a Meanwell 12VDC 30 AMP power supply and it ran during this years entire season.

Full info/documentation can be found here: https://github.com/w-corbello/WT32_ETH01

Attachments

• Front.png
    Front.png
    498.7 KB · Views: 60
Have you tried adapting the ESP V4 to work on this platform? There is a generic WT32-ETH1 build available. You would need to enter advanced mode and update the GPIOs for your board and then should be good to go.

Back