Automatic update "hanging"

TonyK

The automatic update has been troublesome for me. When Vixen starts and it says there are updates, I have it get the updates. It usually will get some of the files but will hang on one - usually vixen.exe. I've let it sit there for hours before - it never completes. So I end up with a partial update and the program crashes. I've tried it on two computers, both running WinXP, SP2. A reboot doesn't help. Vixen runs fine before I apply the updates. Any ideas? Is there a place where I can get the latest whole updated program as a zip file instead of using the built-in vixen updates?
Thanks!

I've had the problem with various versions, but was working on upgrading 2.05 this time. After spending a couple of hours with it I finally got it to work, although I'm not sure what the difference was between it working and not working. I would rename the failed upgrade install directory, then do a fresh install of 2.05, then try the update and it would fail. So I did all of the standard stuff - disabled antivirus, rebooted between installs, disabled anything else I didn't have to have running, etc. Then one time it just happened to work. I'm good for now but didn't know if this was a common problem with a known fix or if once again I'm an oddball lol.

Glad to hear it worked. Install and update issues seem to be less than common.

At this stage of the game I would suggest turning off the automatic update feature if you have a good install. No reason to risk having problems with an update if you are not having any now. Then turn them back on after the display season is over.

I get all the updates in the off season but once I get close to the display season I no longer get any updates unless they are vital. This way I know nothing has changed since test time and I have some piece of mind when I am not home.

Back