Axworthy flying ghost lit up using ESPixelstick

We did an axworthy flying ghost setup this year in our Halloween display and I decided to try putting lights in one of them. We managed to get one of the ghosts with a small 5V pixelstick setup that was still light enough to stay on the line. A pixelstick, smallest 5V cell battery pack I could find, indoor 5V pixel strips and a round paper lantern for the head to keep weight down. Worked like a charm. Here is one of the clips we did that has the axworthy ghost flying around synchronized to the display.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwvprHyDrXo

I did this one year as well. You can buy a small lipo battery from hobbyking.com. I'd love to see your line setup...I fought mine all October

I did this one year as well. You can buy a small lipo battery from hobbyking.com. I'd love to see your line setup...I fought mine all October

We used the axworthy kit from frightprops.com. It seemed reasonably priced and I didn't want the hassle of trying to get bicycle wheels, pizza pans and blender motors working together. We used 80lb braided fishing line with no problems at all. We ran it for fifteen days and the line only went down once. I am adding hooks to catch the line if it falls this year, putting that line up when it falls is a pain. One of the three legs we had ran about 70' while the others were about 50' each. This year we are bringing each leg to the middle of the yard more like a spoke setup for six legs so it wraps around the wheels better and allows me to put six ghosts up instead of three. Trying to keep the ghosts as light as possible with the batteries and pixels is tough but hopefully with shorter runs we can add more weight to each ghost. I don't have a good picture of my axworthy setup just this one of my "prototyping" light weight masks with pixel strip and ESPixelstick. It has some of the line and one of the wheels.

IMG_1019b.jpg

Back