Background Music

DynamoBen

Super Moderator
For halloween this year I thought it would be cool to have a cricket sound effect playing between sequences.

I enabled background music and fading. I then went into the music player and added the sound effect wav file to the play list.

Here is the issue, the file plays fine but never stops. What am I missing?

Beta 3. :)

It is supposed to stop when a sequence starts, but that was one of the things that was previously untested until recently. I'll make sure it's working in beta 3, but I think I remember addressing that specifically.

Fair enough.

I have a follow up question. My "show" plays individual musical sequences via a program. After a musical sequence I run my "end show" sequence which fades everything to a static look. Prior to the start of the next musical sequence I have a "start show" sequence that fades everything to black.

Based on KCs response the background music will never play because I'm always running some type of sequence. Is this correct?

Should I be using background sequence in place of "end show," "start show?" Will background sequence do what I want and play background music? Or I'm not misunderstanding this whole thing? ;)

The background sequence would be subject to the same start/stop rules as the background music. A problem I see with how it works versus what you want is the fading transition out of the background sequence. When it is stopped, the background sequence would be stopped hard, no opportunity for a fade.

It sounds as if the next version could use some changes to accommodate such things, if they would be useful.

Fade-in and Fade-out for background sequences could be a great thing.

For most displays all the songs are back to back in a single program. This program is repeated every 30-60 mins.

Due to the constant stream of kids in a short span of time my Halloween display has 5 songs that are played in a continuous rotation. Between songs there is a short static look (space) just to break things up a bit. Where this gets tricky is there is no way to put "spaces" between sequences in a program. So I have use a dummy sequence with a fade and static look (end/start show).

What I would love to be able to do is put my 5 sequences in a program and set them to "auto repeat." Then tell Vixen that there is a 30 second “inter-sequence time” between each song. During this “inter-sequence time” or space the background sequence and music would fade up and prior to the next song they would fade out (fade-in and fade-out time could be individually adjusted).

Not saying this has to happen, just giving you the "pie in the sky." :)

Back