Backwards compatability with a vixen .fseq

bpos

Is there any way to take an existing .fseq sequence (complied through vixen) and play it back through Vixen? I would like to test some old .fseq files and see if they are configured with the current controller/display configuration.
Something else that would be interesting is decompiling a .fseq sequence back to a .tim file?

Just some thoughts

I have many compiled fseq files that were made in Vixen over the years. My problem is I have misplaced or lost the .tim files (xml files) and only have the .fseq files left.

It sure would be nice to find a way to use parts from them or just be able to decompile them to use certain effects and such. Is there any other way to play the fseq file on a PC?

Last edited:
The problem is there is nothing in the fseq file that maps out what channels constitute a prop or the start or end of what you might consider an effect. If you think about the channel setup screen in FPP, you are telling it how to map the data in the file. But even it does not know what an effect is within all the data of a sequence. It just plays the data in each frame at the proper time out the mapping you provide. The best you could do is map what you think a channel belongs to and element and import it as plain old interval data like we do with the older V2 files. It would not be efficient and you would have none of the original effects as you would like to see them.

Back