Best SSR for Firegod

phillikl

Good day,

Looking into SSR's for this system. Torn between SSReZ and SSRNeons. Which do you guys think would be the best investment??

Thanks!

~Kendall

I'm using both. I suppose it will boil down to your preference, as Chris has alluded to. I'm a bit partial to the new NEON design, but that's just me.

I'm using both. I suppose it will boil down to your preference, as Chris has alluded to. I'm a bit partial to the new NEON design, but that's just me.

Just FYI, the latest edition of the SSRez has an optional spot for a neon AC indicator......

I haven't had any experience with the Neons, but I have about four SSREZs in my display this year and they run perfectly.

SSRneon G2's !
wiki:
http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=SSRneon
I have them in stock, PM is interested

I think ANY of the SSR's are good - it's all personal preference. I made 100 of the SSRNeon's, Generation 1, and use 40+ of them in my display. They are all home-etched, and I haven't had a single problem out of any of them.

Since all my show is on half a dozen timers, it's NICE to open a box, and see that it has 120VAC, immediately. I was unaware that the new SSR-EZ has provision for a neon lamp, which I think is a very nice addition. All the SSR's have been well thought out, and function great. Personal choice, board availability, all these come to mind, when deciding. Whichever way you go, you can't go wrong!!

neon01.jpg

neon03.jpg

neon05.jpg

R

Well Said Roger !
I think ANY of the SSR's are good - it's all personal preference. I made 100 of the SSRNeon's, Generation 1, and use 40+ of them in my display. They are all home-etched, and I haven't had a single problem out of any of them.

All the SSR's have been well thought out, and function great. Personal choice, board availability, all these come to mind, when deciding. Whichever way you go, you can't go wrong!!

R

Back