Boscoyo singing stocking with matrix

rsegreto

I haven't even set up my first display this year and I'm already planning changes / upgrades for next year :biggrin: I was thinking about adding a Boscoyo singing stocking with matrix, but wasn't sure how useable the matrix actually was to scroll text and such.

Does anyone use this in their shows that could share a video of it in action? There's only one video on YouTube and you can't actually see the text on the matrix given the brightness of the pixels.

Thanks,
-Russ

I have 2 of the Boscoyo singing stocking with matrix.

This is my first year to use them in my display. the toe of the socks will point at the window. That means you will have to flip one and paint the back side.

They will be placed one on each side of a window. I am using the Matrix for my "Tune To" information and also to display the names of the singers. The outline of the matrix I use the Marquee effect and change colors often.
The stock outline will use different effects. I like having the text run through the string as it looks like a toy train on the track.
Two faces gives me several options especially when you have two singers, i can display the name of the singers and this helps if more than two singers having the name displayed . My wife came up with the idea of when you only have one singer is to move the face back and forth between the two socks.
Still looking for other options.

Last edited:
Do you happen to have any videos of the scrolling text? I know it's your first year using them so probably not but figured I'd ask.
I like the stockings themselves, just debating whether or not adding the extra pixels for the matrix is worth the cost. I have a tune to sign separate so trying to also think what other text I would scroll.

Do you happen to have any videos of the scrolling text? I know it's your first year using them so probably not but figured I'd ask.
I like the stockings themselves, just debating whether or not adding the extra pixels for the matrix is worth the cost. I have a tune to sign separate so trying to also think what other text I would scroll.

I am using XLights for my programming and it is easy to do the scrolling of text, do not know if Vixen 3 has that option.

XLights has the model and sub model information available for this prop.

Dennis

I have 2 of the Boscoyo singing stocking with matrix.

This is my first year to use them in my display. the toe of the socks will point at the window. That means you will have to flip one and paint the back side.

They will be placed one on each side of a window. I am using the Matrix for my "Tune To" information and also to display the names of the singers. The outline of the matrix I use the Marquee effect and change colors often.
The stock outline will use different effects. I like having the text run through the string as it looks like a toy train on the track.
Two faces gives me several options especially when you have two singers, i can display the name of the singers and this helps if more than two singers having the name displayed . My wife came up with the idea of when you only have one singer is to move the face back and forth between the two socks.
Still looking for other options.

Dennis

Nice display!! Would you mind sharing what the six lights are along the walls and bushes? They are great and might be a fit for my fence line.

Best

Back