szaske

How to reproduce:
1. I selected about 200 pixels to be in a segment
2. I created the segment
3. Select "Manage Channels" -> "Select Channels and Assign to Display Group"
4. Press the NEW button
5. Try to "check" the new segment

I am unable to select the segment in the UI. That is mark it as "checked"

Strangely, I am able to select some other pixel and the Segment to get the check to appear (and then I can just uncheck the other pixels), but this is only a workaround.

This is in version HLS 7B.

-=STZ=-

Here is a quick how to for your 200 pixels in a segment and on the editor , works perfect !

http://db.tt/8bXV5OpS

This does not work for me. I'm not sure why. I've never used that "renumber all channels for output", so perhaps that has something to do with it. My pixels have been re-ordered and have been renamed into several universes, names and groups.

BTW, what app are you using to do your videos? It doesn't look like camtasia. I'm make you a video if I had the software.

-=STZ=-

A segment cannot be part of another work group. The software designers intent of segmenting is for specific elements

ie) arches ,window frames, and just maybe while he was pondering segments he was thinking about talking pumpkins etc ........... just maybe.

How to reproduce:
1. I selected about 200 pixels to be in a segment
2. I created the segment
3. Select "Manage Channels" -> "Select Channels and Assign to Display Group"
4. Press the NEW button
5. Try to "check" the new segment

I am unable to select the segment in the UI. That is mark it as "checked"

Strangely, I am able to select some other pixel and the Segment to get the check to appear (and then I can just uncheck the other pixels), but this is only a workaround.

This is in version HLS 7B.

-=STZ=-

I just did it and it works fine.

Steps I used.

Manage Channels -> Manage Raw .... added 10 channels.
Highlighted the RGB on the 10 channels and click the "Set Selection RGB" Button
While highlighted - put wanted name in edit cell (add number) - click "Rename selected Channels"
OK
Manage Channels -> Manage Segment Channels
NEW
Fill in Name of Segment in edit control
check the channels wanted in the Segment
OK
Manage Channels -> Select Channels and Assign to a Display Group
NEW

From your statement above ... it appears you created a Segment but did NOT assign any channels to that Segment - hence your inability to select it for display.

Please watch the videos - all of these steps were outlined.

You issue appears to be you are missing some steps when you attempt to do something.

Thanks for try HLS.

Joe

Back