Bunny hit my gumdrop lane

MerlinsBeard

I discovered a nice chew cut in my spt-1 wire today. Luckily it was early in the wire so I can make a patch cable and mostly keep the same thing.

I had earlier problems with the rabbit chewing some rope guards I had to keep the dog off new grass. Worked on the dog, but the rabbit chewed it up.

Any options for making it tougher to chew or will I have to abandon it. Maybe some kind of wireloom will make it not as nice to chew?

Paint the wire with castor oil.

Peanut oil is used in the wire manufacturing process which attracts rodents to the finished product. Chipmunks did $1000 damage to the engine wiring in my Jeep. After the repairs I painted the wires liberally with castor oil and have had no problems since.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I posted this same comment on a similar thread on facebook the other day and everyone laughed, but it's true. Pee on it. Or encourage your dog to do it for you. That will keep most small rodents away.

Thanks for the ideas. If it happens one more time, I'll be trying some "special" wire application for ground light strands.

Back