C6 LEDs on Roof Ridges

Mr B

Does anyone have any neat tips and/or tricks that they have come up with for installing C6 LED lights on the ridges of a composition shingle type roof?

Most of the roof (shingle) type clips that I have seen did not seem to be able to hold the C6s in place and in straight lines.

Any help is appreciated.

Byron Polk (Mr B)

Those work great for C-7's and C-9's, but the hole is too large for LED's. The base on the LED C-6's and C-9's is smaller, about the size of a mini light.

Those work great for C-7's and C-9's, but the hole is too large for LED's. The base on the LED C-6's and C-9's is smaller, about the size of a mini light.

I thought they might fit into the smaller holes. I didn't realize the LED bases were that small. Thank you for letting me know.

Ben

While not using C6 LEDs, to fix light strings to ridge lines I have been bending a piece of wire coat hanger into loop with two legs that I glue to the ridge with builders adhesive or silicon. I do this a few weeks before setup and then use cable ties to attach the light strings once the adhesive has dried.

One thing I have found, lights that are not the brightest get lost against the sky before it is totally dark. I now fix the lights just below the ridge to give them a dark background. Rope lights are bright enough to be right up on the ridge.

Jon

Back