CableGuard Enclosures

MichiganLights

Where is a good source for inexpensive CG-1500 enclosures or equivalent?

I need to mount some power supplies and I'm out of enclosures.

A little sticker shock going on. It's been a while since I last bought enclosures.

I'm reading a a lot of Pixel people use these, MTM ACR4-18 ammo crate. Seems like fair $ per cu-in. Any opinions?

Ammo crates are often used. The Harbor Freight and Walmart ones are the ones most frequently mentioned. Make sure your stuff will fit.

the CG style enclosures by wired watts are similar to the CG ones, but not the same. The hole pattern is different. I tried to use a mounting plate pattern i had been using for a while and the hole pattern was completely different. The plastic is also a bit different, somewhat softer. And the mounting holes on the back aren't solid, they are open holes. None of this is necessarily bad, just different. I wasn't aware of it up front and had to make changes to deal with it.

I heard that someone recently bought the molds for the cable guard enclosures. Also, the MTM enclosures are not vented. That may be fine for cold weather applications, but may need venting (or even fans) for warmer climates.
I use both in my show and the cable guard enclosures have served me well over several years of use.

I heard that someone recently bought the molds for the cable guard enclosures.
This was Mattos. I'm not sure if he bought the actual molds, or just the rights to them. His version is also different so it can't be the same mold. He eliminated the ports on the bottom so you can drill your own holes. He added a gasket. He added hole-free keyholes for mounting on the back of the enclosure. And it's now black plastic.
https://mattosdesigns.com/products/cg1500-cableguard-weather-resistant

Back