Centralized sequence repository?

terrevue

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I checked the wiki first but couldn't find an answer. Is there a central repository for sharing sequences anywhere? I am aware of the Google Drive site but the latest entry is from 2019 so assume everyone has started using another site for sharing. If there isn't a central repository, is there at least a central page that contains links to all of the known shared sites? My goal is to both contribute what I have as well as learn from others.

Thanks!
Chris

If you are talking about xLights sequences, the shared drive has some newer sequences that are under some of the other folders such as 'Needs Review'. For Vixen sequences there does not seem to be a central repository yet.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16yifVMESTYnXmGWXKyNB-dF8FO2qqEF9?fref=gc&dti=628061113896314

Thanks Kevin! I'll dig around "Needs Review". Also, I am currently using xLights but since it can import vix sequences, either format is a viable option. Given the strong Vixen presence in these forums, it seems unusual that noone has created a central repository yet. Is this an "intellectual property" issue where people just don't want to expose their work? Not judging at all if that's the case, just curious.

Thanks,
Chris

I've noticed that Vixen users tend to prefer to create their own sequences. Not that they're opposed to sharing, but since there's not as many people out there looking for stuff to borrow, no place has been created to store them.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I checked the wiki first but couldn't find an answer. Is there a central repository for sharing sequences anywhere? I am aware of the Google Drive site but the latest entry is from 2019 so assume everyone has started using another site for sharing. If there isn't a central repository, is there at least a central page that contains links to all of the known shared sites? My goal is to both contribute what I have as well as learn from others.

Thanks!
Chris

If you use AC, I just posted 2 sequences this past week on here.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rwxfSMKdCMG6hLfg7WNYBFX7QHpDsVAU?usp=sharing

Also here is a fantastic site full of AC sequences here:
http://www.landolights.com/main/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,54/

If you use pixels, I am unsure where.

I don't know why someone with good network/computer/storage management skills has not developed a repository or index of repositories to store Vixen sequences. I think that there is a lot more interest in sharing Vixen sequences now than there may have been in the past. I will admit that I have not created very many sequences that I thought anybody else would be interested in. But I did post a link to a few for anyone to download if they found them useful.

My 2020 show uses 3 xLights sequences that I downloaded. I think that they are the 3 best sequences that my show has. But the show has 14 other original sequences that range from pretty good to pretty bad.

Back