Channel Order

jeeves55

Assuming K.C. Is going to work one this again someday and make updates, I have a suggestion.

Make Channel Order Saves u8niversal to be picked from any sequence.
Haveing to save it to a profile, then attach a profile to a sequence jsut to get a channel order is way over redundant.

In the meantime, uf you open the .vix file with a text editor, you can very easily copy over channel orders from one sequence to another. Assuming you don't want to do the profile thing.

Assuming K.C. Is going to work one this again someday and make updates, I have a suggestion.

Make Channel Order Saves u8niversal to be picked from any sequence.
Haveing to save it to a profile, then attach a profile to a sequence jsut to get a channel order is way over redundant.

But if you start with a profile, you only have to do it once. If you have a lot of channels, it is a real timesaver, especially with the AP ..................

Channel orders are universal. You could make a new sequence file with only one channel. Then attach your profile to the sequence and you’ll have all of your channels. If you want to embed those channels into your new sequence, just choose flatten into sequence. How easy is that!:grin:

Yeah, but I am talking about doing it without the profile thing. I see that as an extra step that is unnecessary.

I see that as an extra step that is unnecessary.
You don’t have to use a profile. If your display will always be the same, you don’t need a profile. Where this is handy is if you change your display each year (add channels, reorder the channels, ect.) you only change the profile and all of your sequences will follow that format. You won’t need to edit each sequence.

Due to a bug, it’s not working that way right now, KC will get to it though; maybe not this year but soon after.

I guess I am also thinking about the AP. If you don't use a profile, can you build an AP for a sequence, and have it copy to others?

Under the profile tab, you can choose ‘Create profile from sequence’. You can use any sequence that is configured the way that you what and create a master profile from it and then attach it to any new sequences. You can also flatten a profile into to the sequence to make it permanently part of a sequence if you want.

I guess I am also thinking about the AP. If you don't use a profile, can you build an AP for a sequence, and have it copy to others?

Yes, you can copy it with the 'copy data' feature.
I do not use a profile either. If something changes, I just copy it to the others.

Back