Christmas 2011 what is latest vixen version?

egaadz

Hi all,

Unfortunately this past year I've not (yes I know, perish the thought) been thinking Christmas lights. <gasp> I currently have Vixen 2.5.0.8 . It worked beautifully in 2009. I had to skip last year (divorce pending, nuff said). I am determined not to let my situation beat me down again this year. Now that I have a couple days off for Thanksgiving, it is time to get my minimal show off the ground.

So the question is: What is the latest download for Vixen?

I'm running an antique grinch with some burned up channels, but I think I can get up to 40 working.

Thanks in advance.
Roger

Ps if there is a newer release, a link woud be appreciated

Vixen 3.0 is currently in development, so if I am not mistaken, the version you have (2.5.0.8) is the latest still available. This being my first year I have heard about some scheduling issues with 2.5, so I'm personally running the older 2.1.1.0 (the most current 2.1 I can find). If you had no issues with 2.5 before, I would just suggest not touching a thing and just keep it as is.

I am running 2.5.0.8 for 2 years now and although there are a couple of quirks, it is very stable for me.

You will find a mixture of versions used across the members. You can't really go wrong with 2.1.

There are certainly people running 2.5 very stable, but generally it was considered unstable by the developer. The current "supported" release is 2.1.X There just weren't enough features in 2.5 for me to take the risk. I always recommend sticking with what KC considers stable. 2.1.x I run 2.1.1.

2.1.x here. I tried 2.5.x and several features did not work -- like the channel test, which is needed when setting up.

2.1.x here. I tried 2.5.x and several features did not work -- like the channel test, which is needed when setting up.

Now your channel test comment would explain an issue... I recall needing to 'play' with it to get some tests done.

I think I will keep things as-is and resurrect the 2009 show as a base & rework the assignments to match the 2011 layout. I mean, Thanksgiving was today.... time to blink lights!

Thank you all for your replies and opinions

Roger

Back