Code for sinking SSRs

FireGod

Here is the code for SSRs that requires the controller to sink the current to turn on the triac. The controller pin is +5 DC to turn off the triac and 0 DC to turn the triac on.

With this type of SSR, the LEDs need to be installed in the correct direction (long LED lead in the round pad, short LED lead in the square pad).

Also the module address is selected by NOT INSTALLING a shunt on the desired address. Install shunts on the other three selections.

Edit: Revised 60Hz Hex file on Oct 9, 2007

Attachments

• fg_sink_50hz_290.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 111
  • fg_sink_60hz_131.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 128
New Hex Files for Sinking:

Below are HEX files to "hard code" the field module addresses instead of relying on the module selector shunts.
Advantage:
No 10 second boot up time
No addressing glitches due to faulty SSRs

Disadvantage:
Each IC has a dedicated address, you can no longer just have a pile of ICs, you will need to label them with their address.

Same as above: the code for SSRs requires the controller to sink the current to turn on the triac. The controller pin is +5 DC to turn off the triac and 0 DC to turn the triac on.

With this type of SSR, the LEDs need to be installed in the correct direction (long LED lead to the SSR, short LED lead to the PIC).

Also DO NOT INSTALL shunts.

This updated code turns off the triac a bit sooner to provide some flexibility when the oscillator runs a little slow.

Attachments

• FG_sink_HC_files.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 18
Hello David,
I am a fan of christmas lights, and in the last months (very little free time because of the job), i was built my boards based on your design (thank you !). I have not made tests, but now I'm in the point to do some (SSR-sinking type, are not finished jet ). I am from Europe, and my AC power have 50Hz.
That "hard coded" hex files work also on 50Hz power networks?
Answer found in the wiki : hard coded hex file are suitable only for the 60 Hz power networks.

Last edited:
I have a super christmas tree powered by Firegod and Vixen, thanks David, and this wonderful community helps me a lot to understand what christmas (and american spirit ) really means !

Back