Comm port access denied

zztopmo

When setting up my sequences my port I use port 3, shows up and I assign. When trying play the sequence it says access denied. When I close that box the sequence goes ahead play like normal. I have checked my port settings and it shows i'm connected. But still says access denied on start up. I have tried everything I can think of and I'm running a laptop with windows 7. Anybody have any ideas? Update: I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vixen 2.1 and updated port drivers. Still same issue happening.

Last edited:
Ok I have figured out the problem. I am running two wireless Ren 8's. When i do a serial port set up I assign the controllers and set on the same comm port. This is the one my explorer xbee is on. When only one controller is on it works fine. It's when I have both contollers are activated I get the com port denied message. How can I correct this issue?

Or add an e1.31 bridge. It's a network connection with 4-6 ports to plug in individual Renard chains. I always got these type of errors at the worst times using USB to RS485 adapters in Vixen 2. The bridge outputs RS485 and you don't end up using any COM ports.

Jimboha

Disclaimer: I do have some extra 4 port bridges to get rid of (I've upgraded to 6-port version), but I am not trying to drum up some business. I still did get rid of those COM errors when I switched to a bridge.

Back