Connecting Falcon F48v4-NS to xLights

tomkinsong

I recently purchased a new Falcon F48 Long Range pixel controller with 6x Smart Receivers for this new hobby. I've added the F48 to xLights using discovery and adjusted some of the settings that needed fixing. I plan on using the F48 in Remote mode to an FPP Master running on a BBB. The BBB will be on a wired ethernet connection with the F48 connected wirelessly (I've added an external Wi-Fi antenna to the F48).

I'm in the middle of creating my first sequence and I can use FPP Connect within xLights to push the config to the BBB and F48 with no problems. I do have to configure the F48 Pixel Output settings manually though because of the problems I'll outline below...

A few problems I see...

• Selecting Tools|Test from xLights doesn't light up any of the pixels connected on the F48
  • From the Controllers tab in xLights, the Upload Output option fails with the message "Falcon Output Upload Failed"
  • When in the Sequencer in xLights, the Output to Lights option doesn't light up the lights

I don't know if this is expected behavior as I'm running the F48 in Remote mode or not, I suspect it's not.

Appreciate any input anyone may have.

Cheers, Gary

I saw the same thing the other day when I tried to attach my Falcon F16V4 to Xlights, particularly....

From the Controllers tab in xLights, the Upload Output option fails with the message "Falcon Output Upload Failed"

Xlights has a little green light, it knows the controller is online, I can click the "open" button and it opens the web page, just can not get any message other than this one. Had this controller setup in Xliights before, so can't figutre this one out yet. Was going to jump in the Zoom Room sometime soon, but saw your post and wanted to follow along and see if there was anyone else who had some insight on this.

It's worth pointing out that I have 2x PixelSticks in addition to the F48. Those DO upload the output successfully.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I saw the same thing the other day when I tried to attach my Falcon F16V4 to Xlights, particularly....

From the Controllers tab in xLights, the Upload Output option fails with the message "Falcon Output Upload Failed"

The update to xLights that was released today has fixed the Falcon v4 Output Upload issue! :biggrin: Big thanks to the Devs! :thup2:

2023.03 February 22, 2023
? enh (dkulp) Add ability to create ?FPP Command Preset? and ?FPP Effects? timing tracks and save that in fseq files (FPP 7)
? enh (dkulp) Add FPPConnect upload of fseq/media to FPP7
? enh (keith) Change jukebox to play the sequence looped for the effect duration rather than just selecting the effect
? enh (merryoncherry) New 5?5 Font for text effect
? bug (merryoncherry) Fix icons for Import Effects panel not matching model
? bug (merryoncherry) Fix save icon remaining pink if saving linked network/models
? bug (keith) Overlap checks does not always identify model
? bug (scott) Fix crash when switching from player
? bug (scott) Allow Serial Outputs On Virtual Matrix
? bug (keith) Fix crash when setting smart remote type on a port with no models.
? bug (scott) Fix F##v4 upload

Back