Controlling LedTriks with Ren-W

Wish_g

Hi! One year ago I asked here if it is possible to control LedTriks wirelessly by using a Ren-W controller.
One year later I' m trying to do it. Unforunately, only #CLKxxx command works. Maybe #CLS works, too. Every other command just "destroys" everything and/or a blank screen appears! Even the few working commands not working afterwards.

PS: LedTriks are working great whan are NOT controlled wirelessly.

What are the XBee settings? Are they an *exact* match to the LedTriks settings?

The two must be *exactly* the same.

Also, remember that the computer talks to the XBee via serial connection and that it's possible to reprogram an XBee using commands that are similar to the old Hayes "AT" standard, where +++ is an annunciation command to put it into command mode. If your LedTriks commands contain this sequence of characters, it's entirely possible that you're shifting the XBee into a programming mode.

Thanks Dirk for your quick response!
I use Triks-C to operate LedTriks and their manual says: "The Triks-C connects to the computer by a Com port such as COM4: at 56K, No parity, 8 bits, 1 Stop Bit. This is the same setup as a standard Renard, as the Triks-C uses a modified Renard protocol.".
I configured my XBee as XBee's manual states: "change the communication parameters to 57,600 baud, Mark parity and 2 Stop bits".
What options do I have?

You can use 57600, 8, N, 1 for LedTriks. The Mark parity is for Renard users to solve a channel count issue. It doesn't apply to LedTriks. So use 57600 baud, 8 data, 1 stop, NO parity on the Xbee transmitter and receiver. Then it will match what the software is doing and you ought to have a lot more success.

As Dave (dirknerkle) confirmed above, yes. XBee settings should match LedTriks settings:
57600 baud, 8 data, 1 stop, NO parity

Back