Copy Sequence Event Data Errors

r01carlsonr

Hi, I have had a problem using the copy sequence event data.

The problem is that I don't need to map all of the channels to my new sequence. I have selected none on the channels that I would like to leave blank in my new sequence. When I open the new sequence I just copied event data to, I find that those channels that I selected as none are in fact blank. However, when I run the display all of the 8 "blank" channels flash together with a channel that I did not select in the copy event sequence data dialog.

All of these flash to the beat which I used at one time to help program the show. It has since been deleted but still seems to ghost on these other blank channels. I can right click and clear the channel or even fill it so it is always on, but it has no effect, they still flash to the beat of the mysterious deleted channel. It does not matter whether these blank channels are enabled or disabled they do it either way.

If I create a new sequence and doodle in my show channels, the blank channels do not come on and everything behaves normally. Additionally, the channels that I copied data to are unaffected by this behavior. I've even tried creating a blank channel and then recopying the data using the copy sequence event data tool while mapping the blank channels to the empty channel instead of selecting none. This also had no effect the same behavior was present in the resulting sequence.

You may ask why I care. One of these blank channels is controlling a floodlight with my radio frequency sign on it. It's distracting when it's flashing randomly during the show, so I would like to be able to control it.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Thanks for your help,

R.C.

I have a simular problem with one of mine. I once wrote values in some cells and saved/ closed my sequence. Opened it up again to edit it later and now the rows I pasted are blank. I can't change the values to anything however when I play back they are being sent to the controller even though they don't show up on the screen. I can copy the channel in question and paste it on another channel and the data will show on the new channel but I can't copy and paste anymore after that. I know its the sequence because I can create a new one from scratch without any problems.

Back