Coro question

ksmith247

I found a local vendor that sells 4x8 coro for $32.00 opaque white, and $28.00 white. What works best for pixels to be placed inside but still have good lighting effects; the white or opaque?

You will not want tp use the opaque white as light does not pass through it.

48" x 96" Opaque White 4mm Coroplast Corrugated Plastic Sheeting (Square Flutes)
Also Available: 2 mm | 4 mm | 6 mm | 10 mm | Custom Sizes & Stlyes
Click for Close Up
4mmWhite.jpg
4mm
Opaque White 48" x 96"
Corrugated Plastic Sheets
CoroplastColorsS1.jpg

Click for Color Chart
4 mm Corrugated Plastic Sheets
  • Manufactured from recycled plastic.& is 100% recyclable plastic.
  • The largest selection of sizes available on one website.
  • 16 different colors to choose from.
  • Opaque White Corrugated Sheets, A more Solid Sheets.
  • No Light can be Seen through this sheet.
  • Unaffected by water.
  • Stronger and more durable than corrugated fiberboard.
  • Extremely lightweight.
  • Won't rust, rot, mildew or corrode like metal or wood.
  • Tear, puncture and impact-resistant.
  • Resists a wide range of chemicals, grease and dirt
  • Can be printed on easily and clearly.
  • Can be scored, creased, stapled, nailed, stitched, folded & drilled
  • Can be made for; die-cut, sonic or heat welded.
  • Click here 2mm, 4mm, 6mm & 10mm sheets.
  • Click here for custom sizes, styles or special properties

Also you might want to look around a little more. I can get it in Columbus, Ohio for less than $10.00 per sheet and closer here in Dayton, I can get it for $12.00 per sheet. They carry both Coroplast and Interplast which are nearly identical. Tubelite Warehouse is the national company with several branches that has it the cheapest. In Dayton, Ohio area I get it from Miller Plastics.

I think you mean Meyer Plastics here in Huber don't you? That aside, Xenia is right 28 bucks a sheet is the "we don't really want to deal with small orders" price.

Laird Plastics locally in the PNW is someplace in the mid $16 a sheet, and I was thinking that was a bit high.

I am planning on doing some experimenting with coro this "offseason". I found a distributor near me, waiting on pricing, but they have like 12 colors including 3 different "whites". Should I use "white" or "clear"? what is the standard color everyone is using for best light transmission?

I am planning on doing some experimenting with coro this "offseason". I found a distributor near me, waiting on pricing, but they have like 12 colors including 3 different "whites". Should I use "white" or "clear"? what is the standard color everyone is using for best light transmission?

White. If you've ever seen reusable boxes in stores they are usually made of clear, which looks translucent but murky if that makes sense

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

I must be missing something. Why should it not be opaque? You show the prop with the pixels' LED facing towards the street, I assume. So then it shouldn't matter. Or will the pixels still be partially inside the coro? If so and if you have purchased from HomeDepot.com, which one did you get?

Edit: Actually, I have to rethink Home Depot. I just checked and the 10mm is $163 for a 3-pack of 4' x 8'. That's like $54/sheet

Last edited:
@TomL8345 what thickness of coro do you use? 4mm, 10mm? From some videos I saw the 4mm seem kind of flimsy, especially when fully exposed to the elements (wind). And where do you buy it? At Home Depot 4mm is like $20 a sheet and 10mm is $54.

Back