DC SSRs and 5V

Did you try changing the state of the output on the PIC in the .inc file as shown in this text file..

Making your suggested change has given me confidence in the DC SSR!

I'm assuming this change inverts the power for the associated pins. Instead of sinking (what controllers typically do to switch on an SSRs) the pin is driven.

I'm also guessing that the 5mS pulse you mentioned comes from a ZC ISR turning everything off, then turning pins off/on based on a table? Inverting it seems to have removed the pulse because when it's "off" it's "on".

Meaning that when I give the channel 0, the output of the SSR is on without pulse and I can test my DC SSR -> DIGWDF675 setup, and when the channel value is 255 the output of the SSR is off (with short pulses of being ON that I can't see because they're 5mS).

Whether these assumptions are correct or not, when sending 0 for the test channels that I inverted, my DC SSR->DIGWDF675 setup works. This does prove that the DC SSR and DIGWDF675 are working as expected, now the main question for me is: Does the 16f688 firmware work as Phil remembers? I'll find out over the next week or so when I get the Ren64 out of storage!

I would say so - I'm using PWM/DC 16F688 code on the Ren48 and it's got a solid output when turned on - also there are no ZC interrupts since the MCLR line is tied high...

I would say so - I'm using PWM/DC 16F688 code on the Ren48 and it's got a solid output when turned on - also there are no ZC interrupts since the MCLR line is tied high...

Confirmed today by actually trying the entire setup on a Renard 64. Renard 64->DCSSR->DIGWDF675->DirkCheapSSR->Strobes. Worked as expected!

As expected or as hoped? I guess that I'm allowed to be snarky here, since I wrote the Renard firmware.

Back