Delphi weatherproof connector sets

beeiilll

Supporting Member
Got this from AliExpress on the Delphi connectors so thought maybe some on here might like to check it out:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pro...32718118295.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.arWatN

I have not used the Delphi connectors as of yet and don't know if these are true ones or just a cheap copy so take this with a grain of salt as they say!

But for 5 female and male connectors with all the pins and seals, this seems like they would be a fairly good way to make connectors for pixel strings for a reasonable price! Find some good 18 AWG, stranded copper 3 wire cable to go with them and make your own extension cables. At $1.80 for 5 sets, it seems like they would be a fair deal?
Also does not specify what wire size the terminals are for crimping too.

I see that they also have the 2 pin sets (make injection tees for power) as well as 4 pin sets for this sale as well.

Just thought someone might like to know!

These are actually called AMP connectors but are configured like Delphi connectors for sealing. I use these exclusively and they are great. They have made it through temps from almost -20 F to 60 F (display season here) with rain and buried under snow. Never had an issue. Just get a good set of crimpers and also solder them for trouble free connections. You can buy them from different suppliers and they all work together. $40 for a set of 100 is hard to beat. I use the double pin for power and single pin for data to keep things straight.

Yep, get mine from Amazon, they work great , and as Ed says they work together ( a standard) unlike all the pigtails being sold, so if you needed 1 or 2 in a pinch you could get them at the auto store. These are ALL i will ever use

A picture or two of your implementation would be a good thing to see.

Here is a picture of one of my controller boxes with the Female AMP Connectors attached.
Female  Amp connectors from Controller.jpg
This is one of my corresponding Props with the Male AMP Connectors
Male Amp Connectors to Prop.jpg

I then just make up Extension Cords the length I need with male connectors on one end and female connectors on the other. I typically use 4 wire Monoprice Speaker Wire (either 18 or 16 ga). I will pull out the 4th wire when doing three wire runs or do two sets of two wire runs for Power Injection.

Tom

It appears that some assembly is required, and may be the reason for the good price.

Sure some assembly is required. You push the yellow gasket on to each wire, crimp on the ends (I also solder them) and push them into the appropriate connector housing, pretty simple actually.

I’m not seeing what gauge wire these are for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they are designed for up to 16 gauge. I have used them with 14 gauge but I can tell I am at the limit. 14 gauge is more an issue when trying to connect to distro boards and controllers.

Here is a picture of one of my controller boxes with the Female AMP Connectors attached.
View attachment 39187
This is one of my corresponding Props with the Male AMP Connectors
View attachment 39188

I then just make up Extension Cords the length I need with male connectors on one end and female connectors on the other. I typically use 4 wire Monoprice Speaker Wire (either 18 or 16 ga). I will pull out the 4th wire when doing three wire runs or do two sets of two wire runs for Power Injection.

Tom

Thank you Tom. When seen by themselves, the connectors look a little larger than I like in the field. Seeing them against the strips and wires makes it look better (perspective and size wise).

These are cheap copies, but they still seal and work. I have not put them in the yard yet but I'm sure they will be no problems. There is a special crimper for them that works good but you can get by with a regular crimper. Or solder if you like. They are bigger than pig tails but can take a bigger wire. So I'm using them for power.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It would be interesting to see how pliable the seals are in the cold.

I can take them apart with one hand when I am tearing down my display.

Like I have said earlier, they work great and give me A LOT of flexibility that I cannot get from any of the various PigTails out there.

Back