Diagnostic Firmware

Amigorick

Does anyone have the Precompiled Diagnostic Hex file for the Renard SS Boards?
My computer crashed and I lost it.

I found it in the wiki, It is an .asm file. I don't have the program
to compile it to hex. I was looking for a precompiled version so I could program
a PIC.

I have the program. It doesn't recognize my Pic Programmer (it isn't on the list)
It is a Pic-Pro (MD Fly). I had a couple of pics with the diagnostic firmware but
can't find them.

I can compile it for you and send it to you later tonight(I'm at work now) if you can't find it by then.

It shouldn't matter if your programmer is on the list, or not, as you should be able to create the .hex file by specifying any legitimate programmer (but without attempting to actually use that programmer). Then use your non-supported programmer to program the PIC from the .hex file that you've just created. It's been quite a while since I've used the MPLAB software (as opposed to MPLABX), so I can't help you with detailed instructions.

Last edited:
So, apparently the latest versions of MPLAB X (5.5) has dropped support for the mpasm compiler. I'm downloading an older version right now but from what little reading I did, all projects are to be compiled using the XC8 compiler and there seems to be a whole plethora(good word) of issues with it.
Has anyone tried compiling the renard asm files with XC8? I will try myself at a later date when crunch time is over but I'm suspecting it won't build without the older versions.

Use MPLAB, not MPLABX. If for some reason you want to use MPLABX, use version 5.35 or earlier so that you can compile without needing to use XC8. Using XC8 with MPLABX-5.45 requires a lot of changes to the source file due to the renaming of the bits within the registers.

Back