DiYLedExpress

This is one of the main reasons I will never do business with diyledexpress again. Half my connectors are like this. Copper is black, can't solder them at all. Was hoping to run my mega matrix tonight, not now. Had to jump on Amazon and order new ones. Diyledexpress will not even acknowledge the problem.

22467663_10209759495009002_954214121916306036_o.jpg

This is one of the main reasons I will never do business with diyledexpress again. Half my connectors are like this. Copper is black, can't solder them at all. Was hoping to run my mega matrix tonight, not now. Had to jump on Amazon and order new ones. Diyledexpress will not even acknowledge the problem.

View attachment 37725

You defiantly shouldn't have to...but have you tried a little vinegar treatment?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC-A2qsbV_U

-Craig

That black wire is many years old, was probably stored in a wet environment and has completely oxidized. Almost impossible to solder.

Sandpaper will cut the oxidation off the surface, I have had to do that 2 or 3 times on my pixels when solder would'nt stick. Not sure if you do manage to solder them how the current capacity will be affected. I feel for all the people who were depending on their orders.

Back