Do wire-to-wire 3 pin quick connects exist?

terrevue

Hey guys,

I need to ad length between led bullets and was looking for something like this: Link
but wire-to-wire instead of wire-to-strip. Any ideas if such a thing exists?

Thanks,
Chris

You may end up going with a Molex or Weather Pack connector. If outside the Weather Pack is waterproof. I used Weather Pack for years with no problems. Having a crimp tool is a must.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm definitely picking up a few packs. However, I think I may have phrased the question wrong. While those options would work great, on a 50 bullet strand I would need 100 of them. @ $100 per strand, that gets kinda pricey and is probably overkill to have connectors between each bullet.

Here's what I'm trying to do: I have a 50 count strand of bullets with 6" between each. I just want to double that to 12" between each bullet. So I'm looking for a quick way to add 6" between each bullet. As a last resort, I'll just use the solderless heat shrink connectors but if there is a quicker way, I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Chris

Maybe the best way is to just light every other light. No splice or additional failure points. Maybe a little harder to sequence, but you saved all that splice time so you would be far ahead

If I was doing it.. I'd just solder the wires together and cover the wire with adhesive heat shrink to save on the cost of doing six splices between each pixel.

If you want a fast easy splice, I see lots of pixel vendors are now carrying UR2 3M Scotchlock connectors for that purpose. They pierce around the wire insulation and are filled with a waterproof goo.

A long time ago when I worked in the telecom field we used them by the truckload for splicing wire. Like the rest of them, they work best if you have the right tool E-9Y.

You might occasionally get by using pliers by putting pressure on the center of the button but often the button pops out on one side and you have to throw it away.

-Craig

Last edited:
Back