E1.31 bridge

Keebler

how many channels can each port support?

in dmx mode it is 512 per port

what about in renard/rs485 mode?

if on the board "E1.31 can support 63,999 DMX streams or 'universes'" (according to the FAQ)

how much can each port support?
even theoretically there has to be a cap

thank you

In Renard mode, you should still face the serial port speed limitations, just like you were using a serial port or usb to serial adapter on your PC. You can only send so much info at any given speed prior to needing to send channel 1 again. At 460800 baud, you should be able to run 2296 channels, etc.

I have not played with DMX to be able to advise on that.

Last edited:
oh, thank you
so at 230400 (the baud i run) a 50ms I have 1150 channels available

got it. thank you
k

I find that the bridge helps a lot for a couple reasons:

1- E1.31 from the PC or Pi controlling the show. A single output setup.
2- Organization. Lay out your Renard daisy chains as needed for placement and short cable runs.

I had two bridges in use last year, and plan to go to three this year- the new one with pixel extenders. Here's last year's layout, if you are interested:

show-map.jpg

Isn't there some kind of DIY law that is supposed to eliminate the possibility of good organization like that?

Haha. That's what I actually did last year. I have another copy with all the channel assignments, too, somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The DIGWDF Engineers announce the formation of the DIGWDF Head Stop Center, for the rehabilitation of the over-organized. We're taking applications now...

I find that the bridge helps a lot for a couple reasons:

1- E1.31 from the PC or Pi controlling the show. A single output setup.
2- Organization. Lay out your Renard daisy chains as needed for placement and short cable runs.

I had two bridges in use last year, and plan to go to three this year- the new one with pixel extenders. Here's last year's layout, if you are interested:

show-map.jpg

that's awfully pretty and quite well organized
there oughta be a law agin it

Did I copy you or you copy me. Amazing, my layout is very similar. Minus the PIXLITE, I don't have one, and I put one set of Renards on each bridge. Mainly because I located a bridge on each side of my display. I even have a standalone marquee with 6 panels running off of Ron's board on a Pi3. Scary.

Back