Easiest way to automatically flip between 3 strings sequentially?

DamnRock

I have a friend asking to make a prop that is 3 hearts. Their lights are grinch-themed and they want these 3 hearts to just flip from inner --> middle --> outer like once a second... or maybe inner --> inner/middle --> inner/middle/outer each second. Something pretty basic. I could do this with xlights and an ESPixelStick pretty easily, but this isn't my house, and they're not techie people... so is there any hardware that lets you do something like this? Basic 120v switching between 3 (or so) outputs with a delay? Something where I could build the prop and have it basically self-contained and plug into 120v?

Thanks!

Go into your bin of old light strings and find a chaser set from the 90s. Cut the lights off and wire female plugs onto each of the three "channels". Then plug your hearts into the three plugs and set the chaser controller to do the pattern you like. If you have the really old chaser it will have a dial type speed control rather than a multi-function button so you can really get the beats just like you want them. This was how I did blinky flashy before WayneJ saved me. šŸ˜Ž

Go into your bin of old light strings and find a chaser set from the 90s. Cut the lights off and wire female plugs onto each of the three "channels". Then plug your hearts into the three plugs and set the chaser controller to do the pattern you like. If you have the really old chaser it will have a dial type speed control rather than a multi-function button so you can really get the beats just like you want them. This was how I did blinky flashy before WayneJ saved me. ��

LOL this was exactly what I was doing as well, salvaged and wired them into duplex receptacles for the simple strings.
Mine had a sequence of 4 IIRC.

Back