Edm-tx-lcd replacement with rds

mikey

Hi all.. new subscriber, but not new to Xmas displays.. I have been using the EDM-TX-LCD for years, great transmitter!! This is very old, bought it in kit form and assembled it myself. However I wanted to try and find a good replacement with RDS, possibly the EDM-LCD-RDS?? I tried the edm website but looks like the order page is not working? Any body know where I can purchase one of these, or maybe a good replacement with RDS ?? Thanks Mike

I have the EDM-LCD-RDS. I had to wrap the internal electronics in tinfoil as it was causing bad interference. I had to keep the transmitter away from the computer as much as possible. The signal was clean when I was able to isolate it, but I did have problems with interference with it. I bought it in a kit form. If I remember correctly it was just the AC port on the board was all that needed to be soldered. I am actually in the search of a new transmitter that has RDS and won't be so susceptible to interference. I hear that there was a new model made after the one that I bought that really reduced the interference, but I don't know very much about it.

Guys,

I highly recommend you look at the DIY PixelRadio thread. I have built a couple and they have great sound.

I have a couple of boards available to a good home (PM me if interested), the parts cost ~$50-70 and are typically taking about 3 weeks to be delivered from Aliexpress. The build is fairly straightforward, but programming the ESP32 is a bit more involved. This is a great project.

For anyone else reading this thread, I sent an email to sales@edmdesign.com almost a week ago and haven't heard a peep back yet. Seems like they're either on vacation, or something has happened there - webpage busted, no responses to email...

I ordered the PCBs and parts for the PixelRadio and I guess that's the way I'm going to go.

Back