ESD protective foam source

Xenia

Can anyone suggest a reasonable source for ESD Foam sheets for protecting IC or Xbee pins while shipping or storing?

Thanks, Randy

I'd like to know as well - I got a couple new storage drawer boxes and want to put my chips in there. Looking for the 1/4" stuff myself.

If you need a large qty call Day-Pak in Morain. (www.daypak.com) They typically sell to businesses so their minimum order qty is high (from experience 750ft for bubble wrap and 15cubic ft for Styrofoam peanuts,), however the prices are great. My 2ft X 750ft roll of bubble wrap cost me the same as three 1ft X 100ft rolls from Office depot. You may have to buy a lot, but being able to pick it up may balance out vs. ordering a smaller quantity from some specialty store and then paying shipping. They just aren't use to dealing with the general public so be sure to bring exact change (a mistake I made my first time, they had to borrow money from 4 different people in their front office to make change for my order when I showed up with only 20s, LOL)

Sorry this doesnt help you budude out there in CA, but maybe if Xenia buys a ginormous roll of the stuff he can hook you up pretty cheap.

Yeah - not looking for pink stuff - more like the black ESD foam. I have jillions of little chunks from all the past projects, etc but want to line several drawers and several layers. 3-4 square feet would be enough for a while...

I just searched their website and it looks like 1/4" x 12" x 250' may be the smallest size roll they have. (item number 326120025000)

A cheaper replacement is sticky aluminium tape in 1/4" polystyrene.
DO NOT use polystyrene by its self (but you probably know that)

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Back