ESP32 APA102 Help needed

no joy - new install IDE 1.8.16

Code:
In file included from C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputArtnet.hpp:22,
                 from C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputArtnet.cpp:20:
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ArtNet/Artnet.h:17:2: error: #error BOTH WIFI AND ETHERNET ARE ENABLED. PLEASE INCLUDE ONLY ArtnetWiFi.h OR ArtnetEther.h
 #error BOTH WIFI AND ETHERNET ARE ENABLED. PLEASE INCLUDE ONLY ArtnetWiFi.h OR ArtnetEther.h
  ^~~~~
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputArtnet.cpp: In member function 'virtual void c_InputArtnet::Process()':
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputArtnet.cpp:121:18: error: 'using Artnet = class arx::artnet::Manager<EthernetUDP>' {aka 'class arx::artnet::Manager<EthernetUDP>'} has no member named 'read'; did you mean 'send'?
         pArtnet->read ();
                  ^~~~
                  send
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputArtnet.cpp: In member function 'void c_InputArtnet::SetUpArtnet()':
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputArtnet.cpp:269:18: error: 'using Artnet = class arx::artnet::Manager<EthernetUDP>' {aka 'class arx::artnet::Manager<EthernetUDP>'} has no member named 'setBroadcast'
         pArtnet->setBroadcast (broadcast);
                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputArtnet.cpp:275:18: error: 'using Artnet = class arx::artnet::Manager<EthernetUDP>' {aka 'class arx::artnet::Manager<EthernetUDP>'} has no member named 'setArtDmxCallback'
         pArtnet->setArtDmxCallback ([](uint16_t UniverseId, uint16_t length, uint8_t sequence, uint8_t* data, IPAddress remoteIP)
                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncE131-master/ESPAsyncE131.h:37,
                 from C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputE131.hpp:22,
                 from C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputE131.cpp:21:
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncE131-master/RingBuf.h:50:10: warning: #warning “This library only fully supports AVR and ESP8266 Boards.” [-Wcpp]
         #warning “This library only fully supports AVR and ESP8266 Boards.”
          ^~~~~~~
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ESPAsyncE131-master/RingBuf.h:51:10: warning: #warning "Operations on the buffer in ISRs are not safe!" [-Wcpp]
         #warning "Operations on the buffer in ISRs are not safe!"
          ^~~~~~~
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputE131.cpp: In member function 'virtual void c_InputE131::Begin()':
C:\Users\John\Documents\Arduino\ESPixelStick-main\ESPixelStick\src\input\InputE131.cpp:65:15: error: 'class ESPAsyncE131' has no member named 'RegisterCallback'
         e131->RegisterCallback ( (void*)this, [] (e131_packet_t* Packet, void * pThis)
               ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sketch uses 1349393 bytes (68%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1966080 bytes.
Global variables use 56020 bytes (17%) of dynamic memory, leaving 271660 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 327680 bytes.

HALLELUJAH !!!!!!!

Do I need to install gulp ............lol

Odd Arduino install clean 1.8.16 .No tools or hardware folders installed.
I dont have a hardware directory. Tools needs to be created manually. Yes you need gulp to create the data directory which gets converted to a littlefs image by the upload tool.

I dont have a hardware directory. Tools needs to be created manually. Yes you need gulp to create the data directory which gets converted to a littlefs image by the upload tool.

Ok I have the tool installed , but don't see the littlFS . Loosing hair rapidly rupert !

Haven't used this windows 10 laptop in quite awhile as I find it painful . And wouldn't you know it ,
I get this close to the finish line and the darn thing boots me off with updates now . Good Grief ..................

Which tool? Gulp? After you run gulp a new directory in the same directory as the ino file. This dir is called "data" and holds a sub dir called www. In that dir there will be a bunch of .gz files. Those make up the FS. The upload tool in the Arduino/tools directory is then used to turn those files into a littlefs image and upload it to the esp.

Look in gpio_defs.hpp you see these two lines:

#define DEFAULT_SPI_DATA_GPIO gpio_num_t::GPIO_NUM_15
#define DEFAULT_SPI_CLOCK_GPIO gpio_num_t::GPIO_NUM_25

Well you definitely deserve the cudos for improving the ESPixelStick firmware capabilities leaps and bounds Martin .
You have put a lot of time into this and I for one would like to thank you greatly as the ESP32 has been my favorite module
to experiment with . The one shortfall is the lack of an external antenna on them .

Also , I was hoping BarnabyBear would have nagged you to implement Tls 3001 into your sketch . :) :)

Great work Martin .

Back