External PP question

Santacarl

Joe, I'm sure this is more in your direction than others.

When I try to try to drop an external PP Effect onto RGB channels I'm still having the issue of some kind of buffer overrun...(that might not be the correct terminology). So if I drop an HLSNC file converted in XL of around 150 seconds in length I get something that looks like gazillions of sparkles with no effects showing through.... I realize, from previous conversations about this that it's probably not the length but rather it's the amount of data that accumulates in that length of time.

Anyhow.....if I have an XL effects external PP that is going to be longer than 150 seconds I have to divide the audio and create 2 external PP's and drop them 1 at a time into HLS.... They work fine if they're divided....

I know your brain is focused on the new WHM.....but I just ran into this issue again tonight and thought I'd mention that I'm still seeing it occur.

THanks

SC

SC

You have hit a design criteria.

HLS was designed to allow external effects to be imported. Your 150 seconds is a complete song. You have hit a buffer size limitation.

Joe

SC

You have hit a design criteria.

HLS was designed to allow external effects to be imported. Your 150 seconds is a complete song. You have hit a buffer size limitation.

Joe

Thanks Joe....I figured as much. I started using the WHM in XL to group all my pixels....then to drop everything into HLS.....from there I used HLS and tweaked and added all my dumb strings and wireframe effects..... It seemed to make sense to do it that way in order to smooth out the effects rather than have pieces/parts of effects coming in from multiple programs.....

It works well for me except when I run into the "design criteria".....

Back