F8-PB controller & FPP Network key?

You still need to assign the controller type to on the controllers page. I have a K8-PB as well so yours should look like the attached. Hopefully then the visualiser will work but where you added the port number on the layouts tab also works. Just have to make sure you select the correct controller and such there as well. The visualiser makes it easier by dragging and dropping the props to the ports, then xlights does the rest.

If you added a new model after the sequence was already started you need to just add the new model to your sequence. Right click on a timing track or somewhere in the view area within the sequence tab. Click on "edit display elements", there you'll see the newly added model in the available section on the left. Move it over to the added section with the arrows and close out the window, then you'll see the new model ready to sequence.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 9.36.26 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 9.36.26 PM.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 9.44.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 9.44.01 PM.png
    357.9 KB · Views: 2
You still need to assign the controller type to on the controllers page. I have a K8-PB as well so yours should look like the attached. Hopefully then the visualiser will work but where you added the port number on the layouts tab also works. Just have to make sure you select the correct controller and such there as well. The visualiser makes it easier by dragging and dropping the props to the ports, then xlights does the rest.

If you added a new model after the sequence was already started you need to just add the new model to your sequence. Right click on a timing track or somewhere in the view area within the sequence tab. Click on "edit display elements", there you'll see the newly added model in the available section on the left. Move it over to the added section with the arrows and close out the window, then you'll see the new model ready to sequence.

Ahhh yes it's slowly coming back to me. Ok I've add that info see attached. When I start a whole new fresh sequence the visualizer comes up now and the weirdest things is happening and I can't figure out why. When I make a poly line or ANY other model , it doesn't matter which port I assign it to in the visualizers the lights connected to port 1 are the ONLY lights that ever light up. So even when I put the model on Port 4 , 3, or 2 the lights on Port 1 are the ONLY lights that light up> I cannot get any of the other 3 ports that have lights to light up and I have no clue why. IF I can figure this out I'll be fine after that. Also, in the properties of the controller on the far right I highlighted "Active" and have it set to "xLights Only" does that matter? I tried active and no change. xlights visualizer.jpgXlights Controller setup.jpgxlights screenshot.jpg

I honestly don?t know what ?xlights only? means but set it to active like mine. Have you pushed the configuration to FPP? Again I think that xlights does that automatically when you output to lights but just in case.

You can confirm by logging directly into FPP and going to outputs. You should see you?re model on the correct channel there.

Else I guess it?s possible you got a bum unit? Assuming you are plugged into the right port in the controller lol. I would hop into the zoom room, those guys are amazing and will be able to help figure out why your ports aren?t working. Kinda hard from here without seeing your desktop as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok just found the xlights zoom room ...awesome! Thank you! They were able to help me in about 4 minutes flat!! Awesome guys too! Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back