Favorite effects for arches?

Glycerine

I am finally completing 8 arches that I started last year and will add them to the yard with my 12 foot mega tree. The tree and these arches are the only "controlled" lights that I have and I do not have them synced to music yet, I just have the tree going through various effects.
So, what are some of your favorite effects for arches? For reference, mine are 1 inch pex arches, about 6 feet across, maybe 3 feet high, containing strips with 50 "pixels" each (3 RGBs per group, 150 total RGBs, so 50 pixels as far as the controller is concerned). The plan is to place 4 arches on each side of the tree. I am on a corner lot, with the tree being close to the corner, so both rows of arches will be perpendicular to each other.
Just looking for ideas, thanks!

That's by no means exhaustive--only my favorite. Actually, I think I use a Solid Fill the most, but I tie the brightness to the music. That's not a leaping arch, though (and hence, not my favorite).

As 1pet said, Single Strand. I tend to change the width/length of the chase, along with the cycles, to get the bounce speed synced with the beats of the music.

I've added the arches into the sequences that I already had for my mega tree and so far, I think I've mostly used the single strand and bars, so thanks for the suggestions!

Back