Firmware & Network Supervisor

random_rodder

I'm trying to figure out if I've got the latest firmware and Network Supervisor files. During Halloween, I ran an 18 minute long, 16 channel display from my Helix, and could definitely tell on any song longer than 4 minutes the sync was off. Is this close to being fixed?

Worse still, the Calibrate function on my version of Network Supervisor (dated Sept 27) seems to do nothing but freeze the application. I started it Friday, twice, and left it alone for at least 10 minutes with no other applications running, and I still had to kill the process via Task Manager to shut it down. Did the same on Saturday. Think I'm going to try my laptop to see if the results are different.

Aside from this issue, the Helix started and stopped the shows as it should have, and the audio was very good being played thru a stereo (transmitter is dead.... time for a new one).

Brian

Brian,

I sent you an email reply also but the short answer is yes I think I have this fixed. 51fordf2 has tested it also and it kept a 7 minute sequence in synch. The problem may be the XBee connected to your PC may not be properly associated with the XBee on the Helix. Before you try the calibration routine next time, try to check the time first. If the Helix responds with a time then the XBees are properly associated and you should be able to run the calibration routine. If it doesn't respond with a time then unplug the XBee from your PC and wait about 30 seconds then plug it back in and try again.

If this doesn't work then let me know and I will assist further.

HI Greg,

Got your email. Yes, I can query/set the time on the Helix using Network Supervisor just fine. I just cannot calibrate the Helix. I tried again last night; clicked the Calibrate button, went and watched Two and a Half Men, came back and was greeted with an hour glass anytime the cursor was moved over Network Supervisor.

BTW, I hadn't so much as picked the Helix up from the end of September to the week before Halloween and the Helix had actually gained 5 minutes of time. Is that normal?

Thanks,

Brian

My Helix also gains time. The crystal for the RTC is probably the problem. That is one of the reasons I made it so easy to update the time. Additionally, I figured a couple of minutes over the month and a half the display is operational wouldn't matter that much anyway.

I will send you an email with further troubleshooting ideas. Once we figure it out I will post the solution here.

@#!$%^$*& I hate ID10T errors. After about 10 minutes on the phone with Greg tonight, my Helix was properly calibrated.

Greg was gracious enough to suggest I post whatever I wanted; I've always found honesty to be the best policy.

So, what have I learned?

1. To run the Calibration routine, the calibrat.* files MUST be on the SD card (makes sense, DUH!) :oops:

2. For the Helix to run the Calibration routine, it has to be in Mode 1, which, in my defense I did not know, but again, it makes sense since in mode 2 it's looking for show data from the computer and not on the card.

(which leads me to my next revelation)

3. To boot into Mode 1, the Helix has to have show data on the SD card to tell it to boot to Mode 1. (which only makes sense, see #2, and apparently I wasn't capable of that today...)

So, in a nutshell, the Helix was doing what it was supposed to do; there was just an ID10T behind the controls....:oops:

Good night,

Brian

Back