FPP on Raspberry Pi as a media player - image has shrunk

Newbiemike

I am using a Raspberry Pi as a media player rumning FPP. Last year I used it for Halloween for my house projection. I then used it for Christmas for the same purpose. However, now the house projection has shrunk and doesn?t line up with the house. I tried to display the Halloween image again and it too has shrunk. I didn?t change any settings between Halloween and Christmas. Anybody know what might have happened? Note the projector is in the exact same position, I sunk the projector housing in concrete. I thought maybe I accidentally him the zoom button but zooming in and out still doesn?t line up the image.

Did you upgrade FPP? If so, roll it back to what works for you. Did your projector have a change of aspect or pixels?

Like your screen name. LOL. I was getting into this style last year, but never got there. I did buy a projector, so am curios as to what you find for a solution.

I had/am having a similar issue. Sometimes when I turn the projector on, the right 20% of my image is gone. When this happened with the old version of FPP (4.5 I think) several years ago, I found this post which had a solution:
https://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php?topic=9545.0
Basically, it had me log on to the raspberry pi and change the config.txt file.

This year I just upgraded to the latest version of fpp. I again had the problem where 20% of the image is gone, I made the same change, and I am still occasionally getting the same issue. I'm just getting ready to post a question to falconchristmas about it.

So, is your problem like mine? If I turn the projector on and off, I'll eventually get it to work.

Like your screen name. LOL. I was getting into this style last year, but never got there. I did buy a projector, so am curios as to what you find for a solution.

I like doing the projections probably even more than I do the lights themselves. My display is much, much smaller than everybody on here, but I would be happy to answer any questions I can if you want to get into doing projection mapping.

I like doing the projections probably even more than I do the lights themselves. My display is much, much smaller than everybody on here, but I would be happy to answer any questions I can if you want to get into doing projection mapping.

Well the projector I bought is not short throw. I am in the market now to get a super short throw. Do most projectors have an auto on/off feature trigged by signal input? I would like to avoid using it on a power timer or leaving it on 24/7.

Back