Gamma Color Correction

XMasKC

Can someone school me a little on gamma color correction? I have an output that is clearly off - reds are blue. Is it best to correct this in FPP? If so, what's a recommended starting point?

Thanks!

If reds are blue, then it is not gamma. It is likely the RGB, GRB, BRG, etc is off. Only correct it one place (sequencer or controller).

Thanks Mike. It seems to be on just one output affected but for all sequences. Would it be easiest to make the change in FPP?

For me, since it will associated with a prop/model/element, I would make the change in the sequencer layout.

Are your pixels all from the same batch? If you swap the connections, do the pixels work correctly? Maybe you have a off by one or two situation in the configuration?

I have bought same product from the same vendor but a year apart and had different RGB orders. What I do is change the color order in my Sans controller output page instead of remapping the pixels in Vixen setup. Even so, I have a one or 2 strips go rouge. when testing for the 1st time. I just used set level commands in Vixen live and change the controller outputs until they are correct.

Its not a color correction thing - at least I don't think it is. I've changed it to several different variations with no change. I think its something to do with that particular output (output 2 in my case). I haven't gone and switched it to another output yet, but I'll give that a shot. Wonder what would cause that output to be all over the place? The pixels were purchased in the same batch. It on my mega tree and I have the tree split into 2 outputs and its just the one doing strange things...

Post the config of the tree controller. It sounds like maybe a channel is off somewhere. Compare that config to the sequencer config.

Does it happen in controller test mode?

Back