Generic Serial com port 5 ???

Mike_Parks

Hi, I had an Arduino UNO connected to my Windows 10 PC and it used com port 4 and was working fine with a Vixen 2 sequence (very basic).
I needed more PWM channels so I have invested in an Arduino MEGA 2560. I have connected this to my PC and Device Manager showed it connected to COM5. I have uploaded an Arduino sketch OK.
However, in Vixen 2 'Output Plugins' won't let me set the Generic Serial to COM5. Only choices are 1 to 4.

Help appreciated,

Thanks,

Mike

W/ the Arduinos disconnected, Go to Device manager, click View => Show hidden devices, open "Ports" and delete the UNO, and Mega then when you reconnect the Mega, it should become Com4.

Yes, you can delete the hidden ports. But you could also use Vixen 3 instead and not have that problem, if your not invested too heavily in Vixen 2.

Thanks for the quick replies. Deleting the UNO has worked fine and I now have the MEGA on COM4 and Vixen communicating with it.

I went for Vixen 2 because it looked a lot easier to learn than 3 and will do all that I want (at least to begin with!!).

Thanks,

Mike

Back