German Newbie with non-american front yard - bush problem

havenonick

Dear Forum,

Great to have you, as this hobby is unusual in Germany and reactions to it are mixed. So it is pretty difficult to find people to talk to or places to buy stuff.

I own an apartment building where I live in myself, which is my playing field for my very first Christmas display. I try to find a doable layout, which I attached.

Controllers are setup, software is ready and parts of the hardware are trying to get through customs.

Here's my main problem: My front yard is full of bushes. I thought of just laying the pixels on the bushes in a zig-zag and try to model it in XLights. Buying a pixel-net does not seem to be a good solutions, as I wouldn't get it delivered on time and it would be very expensive, as the bushes on the right side are 8 x 4m (24ft x 12ft). I am planning with approximately 1.500 pixels for that part.

But I am concerned about the pixels lying on the branches and pointing in different directions not looking good for the viewer. What would you do? Would my solution work? Would it be better to zig-zag per bush or as a matrix over all bushes and use segments in Xlights?

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• Bild 08.11.22 um 13.30.jpg
    Bild 08.11.22 um 13.30.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 35
i have pixels pointed in multiple drections on a prop and it looks good. try it. if you dont like it, try something else next year

Thanks for your answers. Tried it last night wirh the first bush and I think it looks good. You‘re right. Lot‘s of things to do and mistakes to make with my first show. Glad, if I have it running.

Attachments

• 8CEBBE8D-3BE9-4EFD-B9D7-BD141B04DB1B.jpeg
    8CEBBE8D-3BE9-4EFD-B9D7-BD141B04DB1B.jpeg
    44.3 KB · Views: 14
Back