Guitar Hero/ROck band tool!

Steven010

I have had an idea I have been wanting to try with Vixen 2.x for a long time, tonight I tried it out.

I am a former drummer, have not picked up a drum stick in 20 years. THat said, I have played "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero" with kids many times. Each time I played it, I was intrigued with the "water fall" action that was used to coach players. I also thought it would be a great tool for teaching drummer a new song-something I always spent hours doing.

WHen I first saw Vixen in action, I thought "THis looks like a sideways waterfall from ROck Band". WIth the ability to import a song, visualize, and insert blocks to represent beats of the music or "drum heads" in my case. Also would be very easy to send my script to another drummer (or guitar or keyboard) with a known song.

SO, tonight I set it up and tried using for teaching myself new song on drums. It seems to work great! watching grid in preview mode is very similar to waterfall in rock band and can be totally configured to individual's learning style. It helps to zoom to smaller Columns-so you can see upcoming drum strikes.

I am not aware of any software that does this today-perhaps Vixen 2.0 has new life as music instrument learning tool!

Back