Hack Lowes "7.5-ft Freestanding Tree with Multi-function"?

I'd read the reviews before I even contemplated trying to hack these. The reviews show frequent strip failures and very unhappy customers in general. I think I would stay away and just build my own trees if I were you. There are plenty of posts on building trees on the forums and plenty of people that would be glad to help you figure it all out.

I have not. With all white, my guess would be that your options are limited and the lights are not individually addressable. Even clearance priced that seems a little high compared with building a ' dumb' tree from scratch.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Considering that the channel that the lights are in does not lend itself for replacement, and the strings holding them up are plastic, I think the advice to "stay away" is worth considering. (Yes - I've seen them in person.)

I just went to my lowes and bought 6 of these for $100 bucks... they were all returns and and none of them have all the strips of lights or to make a complete tree. I just wanted the frames as they are powdercoated metal that breaks down will make EASY STURDY DIY pixel / Incan trees.... SCORE.... I called the manager and bought all the returns and the display for 100 bucks for the whole lot. There are 3 new in the box for 78 a pop... I CONSIDER THIS A SCORE!!!

There really is no doc or numbers to be found per this review here is the website. There is no help at all, they do not work very long, and I got them to use the frames only.

The first one I had to take back because two of the LED strips weren't working properly. Yes they were plugged in all the way,in fact I switched them around to make sure it was the LED strips and not the box they are plugged into. It only comes with ONE spare LED strip so having two not working was a problem. We took it back and got another one, get home and put the new one together. Everything works properly, one day later one of the LED strips stops working so I'm forced to use the spare. The product isn't worth the $300.

The companies website: www.ishowtree.com is absolutely worthless, no contact numbers provided either so good luck trying to get spare parts. Product comes with a one year warranty, I will probably be taking this one back as well as Im sure next year it wont be working correctly!

I purchased one of these show trees from Lowe's post season last year. I assembled it this Christmas for the first time and two of the strips were non functional. I replaced one with the spare that was included so one is still not working. Judging by the feedback on the tree on this web site this is a common problem. Does anybody out there have any functional strips that I could purchase for back up? It would be much appreciated. Email me at roman32159@yahoo.com Thanks

I just went to my lowes and bought 6 of these for $100 bucks... they were all returns and and none of them have all the strips of lights or to make a complete tree. I just wanted the frames as they are powdercoated metal that breaks down will make EASY STURDY DIY pixel / Incan trees.... SCORE.... I called the manager and bought all the returns and the display for 100 bucks for the whole lot. There are 3 new in the box for 78 a pop... I CONSIDER THIS A SCORE!!!

The trees are absolute crap, but the 6 frames for 100,,, I would have jumped on that in a heart beat ,, great score

Back